Room Booking Information
The primary objective for Sugar Sand Park Community Center is to promote and support the Willow Theatre and the Children’s Science Explorium. This will include the scheduling of traveling science exhibits, science programs, special events and theatre productions. As a result, regular meeting space may not be available. Room availability is better suited to accommodate annual and occasional meetings. Room reservations and rentals are available only to the City of Boca Raton and the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District Residents.
Room Reservation Application Procedures
All organizations requesting use of meeting rooms at Sugar Sand Park Community Center must complete and submit a Room Reservation Application. Accompanying the application:
- Homeowner Associations are required to submit requests in writing on their HOA letterhead by a current Board Member.
- Non-Profit Organizations are required to submit a current membership roster (consisting of names, addresses and phone numbers) and proof of their non-profit designation.
The Room Reservation Application and subsequent documents must be completed in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Filling out an application does not guarantee space in the Community Center. Room Reservation Applications will be reviewed for compliance with department rules, regulations, fees and policies prior to approval of application.
Room Reservation Application Requirements
Priority is given, on a space-available basis, to those activities that compliment the primary objective (as stated above) of Sugar Sand Park Community Center. Other criteria include public interest and non-duplication of similar meetings within the City.
- Homeowner Associations requesting meeting space must be located within the limits of the City of Boca Raton and/or The Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District. The HOA must provide the contact information, including name, phone number and address, of two current Board Members. Management Company representatives cannot act as an HOA representative and/or sign any documents.
- Non-Profit Organizations requesting meeting space must have a minimum of 66% membership residing within the limits of the City of Boca Raton and The Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District. Non-profit organizations with higher percentages of residents are given priority. All Non-Profit organizations requesting use of the Community Center must provide a responsible party’s contact information including name, phone number, and address.
- Permits are valid for a single season only, and only for dates and times approved. All organizations are responsible for re-applying annually in May for the upcoming season (September 1–August 31). Applicants will receive a response to their applications by September 1.
*Upon approval of application, an appointment must be made with the Booking Coordinator to review the application and Community Center policies; those without an appointment will be turned away. For this appointment, applicant must be prepared to do the following:
1). Provide a copy of their Driver’s License to remain on file throughout the remainder of their Room Permit.
2). Sign the Room Permit, which includes agreement to adhere to and enforce all Community Center policies and procedures.
Download the Room Reservation Application
Sample Room Set Up Styles
For questions concerning the above information, please contact the Front Desk at 561-347-3900.