Current volunteers login here to access Volgistics account
New volunteers must submit City of Boca Raton volunteer forms.
Phone: (561) 347-3907
Email: [email protected]
Volunteers are vital to help with the activities, shows and programs that take place in the Explorium and the Willow Theatre. Each area has it's own opportunities. Please visit the links for specific information about each area.
- The Explorium positions include Museum Guides and Summer Camp Counselors
- The Willow Theatre positions include Front of House (Ushers) and Technical Assistants during shows
Volunteers ages 14+ are welcomed and encouraged to join us (15+ for Science Camp Counselors). Sugar Sand Park might be the right place for you if you:
- Enjoy working with others
- Have a friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Need community service hours
- Love to be involved in your community
- Sugar Sand Park is operated by the City of Boca Raton. Volunteers will need to complete a City Volunteer forms packet, including the background check for ALL volunteers (yes, we need the social security number for ALL volunteers, regardless of age.)
- Volunteers 18+ will need to have their photo taken for a badge.
- The Explorium and Willow Theatre positions require an interview.
- All volunteers must attend mandatory training and/or orientation in their area prior to volunteering. This training/orientation provides an overview of the facility, expectations in the specific area, as well as policies and procedures to help prepare you with pertinent tools and information.
(Must be opened with Adobe Reader to be interactive, Adobe Acrobat to view and print out)
Volunteers under age 18 must have parent or guardian approval, and will have to sign a behavioral and commitment contract.