***Sugar Sand Park Community Center is open Monday-Friday from 9am-8pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am-4pm for walk-in permit sales and customer service questions.
2020-2021 Beach, Boat, & Dog Permits are available NOW for purchase at City Community Centers. City beach, boat, and dog park/beach permit-holders are still encouraged to renew permits online. Facial coverings are required in all City facilities.
The Science Playground, Splash Pad, walking paths & outdoor basketball courts at Sugar Sand Park are open for public use. Athletic fields are open for individualized or family use only.
Please remember to practice #ResponsibleRecreation, and continue to utilize hand sanitizer, wear face masks, and keep physically distant while visiting our parks and facilities.
Please be advised that the Children's Science Explorium, Willow Theatre, Carousel, and Field House are currently closed.
Pavilions are not being rented at this time. They are available on a first-come first-serve basis, for ten people or less. Decorations are not permitted.***
Do you have a non-school group that would like to visit Sugar Sand Park (Playground, Explorium, Carousel or any other reason)?
Sugar Sand Park & Children's Science Explorium Group Reservation Policy:
- Any group of ten (10) or more, who plans to visit Sugar Sand Park in passenger vans or buses, Monday- Friday, must make an advanced reservation.
- All such groups must be based within the City of Boca Raton and/or the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District.
- Groups are sent bus/van passes in advance once the reservation is confirmed. Bus passes are required for entry into Sugar Sand Park and should be displayed in the front windshield of each van/bus entering the park. Groups without reservations and/or bus passes will be turned away.
- Any group without a reservation will be denied entrance into the Explorium.
Whom to contact
- Groups (other than school groups) that meet the residency requirement may make a reservation by contacting the Science Center Curator at (561) 347-3906.
- School groups that meet the residency requirement may make a reservation by contacting the Science Center Educator at (561) 347-3905.
Join us the first Saturday of each month from 9-10 am for an opportunity to explore the museum in a sensory modified setting with sound and lighting adjustments. Call 561-347-3906 for additional information.