The Sugar Sand Park Science Playground will be closed From Monday, October 30th – Friday, November 10th, due to surfacing repairs. The playground will re-open on Saturday, November 11th. We apologize for any inconvenience that this closure may cause.
Do you have a non-school group that would like to visit Sugar Sand Park (Playground, Explorium, Carousel or any other reason)?
Sugar Sand Park & Children's Science Explorium Group Reservation Policy:
- Any group of ten (10) or more, who plans to visit Sugar Sand Park in passenger vans or buses, Monday- Friday, must make an advanced reservation.
- Groups based within the City of Boca Raton and/or the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District will not be charged for their visit.
- Groups based outside the City of Boca Raton and/or the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District are considered non-resident groups and will be charged $7 per person.
- Groups are sent bus/van passes in advance once the reservation is confirmed. Bus passes are required for entry into Sugar Sand Park and should be displayed in the front windshield of each van/bus entering the park. Groups without reservations and/or bus passes will be turned away.
- Any group without a reservation will be denied entrance into the Explorium.
Whom to contact
- Groups (other than school groups) that would like to make a reservation can do so by contacting the Volunteer Coordinator at (561) 347-3907.
- School groups that meet the residency requirement may make a reservation by contacting the Science Center Educator at (561) 347-3905.
Join us the first Saturday of each month from 9-10 am for an opportunity to explore the museum in a sensory modified setting with sound and lighting adjustments. Call 561-347-3907 for additional information.