***Sugar Sand Park Community Center is open Monday-Friday from 9am-8pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am-4pm for walk-in permit sales and customer service questions. 2020-2021 Beach, Boat, & Dog Permits are available for purchase at City Community Centers. Facial coverings are required inside all City facilities. City beach, boat, and dog park/beach permit-holders are still encouraged to renew permits online.
The Science Playground, Splash Pad, walking paths, athletic fields, & outdoor basketball courts at Sugar Sand Park are open for public use and are to be used at your own risk.
Be advised that the Children's Science Explorium, Willow Theatre, Carousel, and Field House are currently closed.
Our park pavilions are open on a first come, first serve basis. We ask all park patrons to adhere to the directives and Emergency Orders put forth by Palm Beach County:
Park visitors must practice social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
Per Palm Beach County Emergency Order 12, facial coverings are required in public spaces, including any outdoor areas that are open and regularly accessible, where social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines is not possible or not being practiced. Individuals are not required to wear facial coverings when actively engaging in exercise and maintaining social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines.
We continue to encourage everyone to follow CDC Guidelines so that they can best protect themselves, as well as others during this time.***
- Residents are considered persons who live in the City of Boca Raton and/or the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District.
- Sugar Sand Park is open to the general public; there is a residency requirement for groups of 10 or more visiting the park or Children's Science Explorium. Monday-Friday, groups of 10 or more must make a reservation through the Children's Science Explorium to visit the park for either indoor or outdoor facilities.
- Groups are sent bus/van passes in advance once the reservation is confirmed. Bus passes are required for entry into Sugar Sand Park and should be displayed in the front windshield of each van/bus entering the park. Groups without reservations and/or bus passes will be turned away.
- Any group without a reservation will be denied entrance into the CSE.
- For information on Beach Stickers, boat ramp permits and dog park permits, visit the City of Boca Raton website.