Thank you for your interest in the Willow Theatre! Please use the information below for any questions you may have.
Theatre Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: (561) 347-3904
Email: [email protected]
Front of House Volunteer - Volunteers are lobby attendants, ticket takers, and ushers for Willow Theatre productions and other events. Volunteers ensure a welcoming presence in Willow Theatre areas and assist staff before, during, and after productions. Duties may include:
- Greeting patrons
- Taking tickets and verifying accuracy
- Prepping and distributing any performance literature
- Knowledge of theatre seating rows and ability to assist patrons with seating
- Assisting patrons or other guests in lobby during productions with superior customer service
- Being knowledgeable of Willow Theatre shows, programs, and events (as needed)
- Ensuring all Willow Theatre policies are enforced
- Commitment to multiple dates per year
Technical Assistant – Volunteers provide technical assistance to Willow Theatre technical staff. May operate technical equipment or provide on-stage assistance to performance groups. Duties may include:
- Spotlight operation
- Projection operation
- Assisting console operators
People of all ages (minimum 14 years old) can volunteer at the Willow Theatre. The Willow Theatre might be the right place for you if:
- You have a passion for the Arts
- You love the Willow Theatre and want to give back
- You enjoy helping others
- You want to learn new skills and expand upon current ones
- You want to be more involved in the community
- You want a chance to meet and work with other professionals in the field
- You are confident in interacting with people
- You want to meet other awesome people
- You need community service hours
All Willow Theatre volunteers participate in a mandatory orientation and training prior to beginning their time with the Willow Theatre. This training provides an overview of the facility, expectations in the specific areas, as well as policies and procedures to help you be prepared with pertinent tools and information.
Sugar Sand Park is operated by the City of Boca Raton. Volunteers will need to complete a City Volunteer forms packet, including the background check for ALL volunteers. Complete the forms, indicating that you are interested in volunteering at the Willow Theatre at Sugar Sand Park, and return it to Sugar Sand Park Community Center. We will work with the City's Human Resources Office to process paperwork.
Once all the forms are processed, volunteers are also encouraged to participate in other areas. For example, if you are an Explorium or Theatre volunteer and would like to be involved in Special Events as well, that's great!
Volunteers 18 + will need to have their photo taken for a badge.
(Must be opened with Adobe Reader to be interactive, Adobe Acrobat to view and print out)
Volunteers under age 18 must have parent or guardian approval, and will have to sign a behavioral and commitment contract.